Creative DirectorNewcastle, UK
• 25 years core graphic design experience with lots of commercial branding experience • Understanding of strategy and how this translates to communications • Roles held up to Director-level at agency • Additional experience working client-side • Freelance agency experience • Self-employed experience since 2005 • Cross-functional management experience • Loves to work with conscious brands • Lots of niche industry experience
• 43 (2021), husband, dad and cockerpoo owner
• Black Caribbean & White Mixed Heritage
• Lives in the North East of England (relocated from the Greater London area in 2019)
• Speaks fluent English with an Essex twang
• Brand Positioning Consulting
• Copywriting (short-form)
• Visual Identity Design
• Concept to Delivery
Graphic Design is my background, and I've been studying this field since school. I'm now an experienced designer with leadership experience within the strategic brand space for consumer and business-to-business contexts.
Able to write and present to senior leadership as well as mentor and encourage cross-functional teams.
With 25 years experience, I confidently go by Creative Director and Brand Strategist and have demonstrable experience across several industry's which can be explored on my website.
I really enjoy working with people/business who want to make a difference to the quality of living and have innovative products and services that they either need to revitalise or articulate for the first time.
I find that people sometimes struggle to write with conviction and clarity, for those that can, communicating simply becomes the challenge.
Graphic Design answers some of this but I'm usually asked to help with investor pitches and general presentations to stakeholders and trustees who have little space to read or listen.
I'm dedicated to the pursuit of why and enjoy researching to gain valuable insight - the hidden obvious - that is easily overlooked.